As always, we like to keep it simple and to the point. This recipe, Easy Orange Celery Smoothie, is just that. This smoothies doesn’t have any added sugar just the natural sweetness from the fruit and plants.
Like with any recipe, if you prefer to add a little honey or maple syrup then by all means, go right ahead. We like to try different combinations and allow our taste palette to adjust to new flavors; like the orange and the celery mingled with the ginger and basil.
Many times, if you add additional sweeteners to the natural sweetness of fruits and plants the palette will oftentimes not adjust so you never really get the full-flavor of the drink because it’s masked by the additional sweetness; just a little tip there. Also, adding just a pinch of Real-salt helps bring out the natural flavors too and offers even greater benefits like keeping your cells cancer-free when used regularly.
Remember, high-quality blenders work best when blending smoothies everyday so look to invest in one. BEVO™ is one of the best.
- 2 oranges, the juice only
- 2 celery sticks chopped coarsely
- 1 tbsp grated fresh ginger
- 1 banana
- 4 basil leaves
- 2 ice cubes
- Squeeze out the juice of two oranges and pour into a blender.
- Wash and rinse celery sticks, cut in large pieces and add to the blender (leaves too!)
- Peel fresh ginger about the size of a thumb, grate it roughly. Gather one tablespoon and add to the blender.
- Add banana, basil leaves and ice cubes. Blend to a smooth drink and serve immediately.